In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Home: The Wadsworth-Longfellow House and Portland

The Wadsworth-Longfellow House, 1786-1960

Wadsworth-Longfellow House, Portland, ca. 1890

Wadsworth-Longfellow House, Portland, ca. 1890

Item 25621 info
Maine Maritime Museum

1890 - The Morton Block and the Wadsworth Longfellow House

The Morton Block, to the west of the Wadsworth-Longfellow House, was originally built in 1825.

In 1864, John Bundy Brown added a third floor and a mansard roof.

The expanded Morton Block towered over the Wadsworth-Longfellow house and provided space for businesses and social clubs such as the Hibernian Hall.


Item 8 of 14